Always ahead of his time, Lorenzo Cavalieri Ducati, has since 1978 upgraded and innovated the state of the art in gate automation. DUCATI designs, manufacture and distribute automation systems or gate and garage doors combining essential design, unparalleled effective mechanics, and technological innovation to offer product that can ensure ease of use, long lasting performances ad maximal safety. Since early 1990s company has focused in offering to this customers long lasting performances combined with innovative low consumption technology with ensures maximal reliability and full autonomous use also by solar panel power supply. DUCATI has always been proud to in-house design, manufacture and distribute his gate and garage door operators worldwide. Now over 1.5 millions Ducati openers are installed in the 5 continents.
The company was founded in 1926 in Bologna by the Cavalieri Ducati family with the name of con il nome di Società Scientifica Radio Brevetti Ducati.
Thanks to the skills and patents developed by the co-founder scientist and radio broadcasting pioneer Adriano Cavalieri Ducati, the company was originally specialized in the research and manufacture of technologies for radio communications.
with the name of the Scientific Society Radio Brevet Ducati Adriano, although very young, created the first stable connection Italy-United States and the first simultaneous connection between the five continents. Adriano, Bruno and Marcello Cavalieri Ducati began their activity with the production of a capacitor called "Manens", in the cellar of they family residence “ Villa Lydia” located in via Guidotti, Bologna, Italy
The company began to develop, and then expand in various industrial fields.
In 1935 the factory moved to a new plant builded in Borgo Panigale, nearby Bologna where still today is located today’s Ducati Motor Holding SpA and Ducati Energia Spa.
The production was expanded with the creation of the first radio equipment, radio antennas, the first intercom communication systems (called "Dufono"), projectors film, adding machines (Duconta) and shavers (Raselet).
At the factory in Borgo Panigale, in the late thirties, they were joined two other plants located in the outskirts of Bologna, in Bazzano and Crespellano.
In 1935 it was built the plant where they currently home to Ducati Motor Holding SpA and Ducati Energia Spa. The production was expanded with the creation of the first radio equipment, radio antennas, the first intercom communication systems (called "Dufono"), projectors film, adding machines (Duconta) and shavers (Raselet) . At the factory in Borgo Panigale, in the late thirties, they were joined two other plants located in the outskirts of Bologna, in Bazzano and Crespellano.
In 1939 it was created the optical section with the important collaboration of the Institute of optics in Florence.
During the Second World War, Ducati was forced, like many other Italian companies, to convert the sophisticated production from civilian use to military use. Following the armistice on 8 September 1943, the factory was occupied by German troops; It was later bombed and destroyed 12 October 1944.
The founders undertook the integral reconstruction of the establishments at their own expenses.
After the war, came the need to develop in new sectors.
The optical section in 1946 realized the dream first of a series of micro camera, varying throughout the years in different versions and models but because of lack of receptivity in the Italy of the post-war market and production was ceased.
1946 was born a motorcycle department, as a branch of the company, in order to produce the “cucciolo”, a single cylinder engine of 48 cc with two-speed gearbox to be applied as an auxiliary power unit to a normal bicycle.
In 1950 the property passed in state holdings. Adriano emigrated to the US where he joined the Plamadyne and made important contributions to the development of plasma engines for NASA., while his Brother Marcello continued this activity in DC motor manufacture.
In 1954 the company wa spread in Ducati Ducati Mechanics and Electrical Engineering.
Today’s Ducati Motor holding is best known for high-performance motorcycles characterized by large-capacity four-stroke, 90° V-twin engines, with a desmodromic valve design. Ducati refers to this configuration as L-twin because one cylinder is vertical while the other is horizontal, making it look like a letter "L". Modern Ducatis remain among the dominant performance motorcycles available today partly because of the desmodromic valve design, which is nearing its 50th year of use.
Today, Ducati Motor Holding Spa is owned by German automotive manufacturer AUDI
Lorenzo Cavalieri Ducati, son of Marcello is since 40 years specialized in design and development of gate automation.